Sunday, October 18, 2015

Suprise! First volume of Noblesse in Japan!

Hello! It is highest time to re-start writing a blog after the summer break! I am full of energy and I hope that my new posts will be even more interesting than the previous.
This summer I managed to visit the country of my dreams- Japan, and just like the first time it impressed me with its beauty. I have many beautiful memories, that I would like to share with you, but firstly I will describe what surprised me in Japan. (Edit : I'm not a person that is easy to surprise and probably only otaku will understand how I felt. :) )
I was coming back in the evening to the hotel in Tokyo's Asakusa district when I entered the Seven Eleven to buy something for dinner and to drink. But when I went into the store I stopped suddenly and my eyes rested on a pile of small, black-and-white books. It wasn't manga, but new, just translated manhwa called Noblesse. One of the most beautiful things that the Koreans have managed to create. Needless to say -  I left the store with sushi, Pocari and the first volume of Noblesse. In my spare time I hope to translate the entire volume to polish :). To be honest I did not expect that I will have a unique opportunity to buy these series in japanese. 
I like Noblesse because of the characters' personalities and enjoyable story. It is hard to say why  exactly do I like Noblesse so much. It  doesn't really distinguish among the others. However it has something that focuses the reader's attention and forces to emotional involvement. For me Noblesse is still mysterious phenomenon. It is true that this manhwa is well drawn, but it doesn't has the story as developed as for example One Piece. It is not as unpredictable as Death Note, it is not as scary as Psycho-Pass, do not make you smile like Gintama, there is no extraordinary action scenes neither. So why? Perhaps its mysteriousness prejudge its beauty. I believe that we should not ask why. Intuition is very important and usually knowledge only brings disappointment.
My newest prey :)


No comments:

Post a Comment