Sunday, April 26, 2015

Bleach- incomprehensible phenomenon

Hello!
Okay, as for today I want to mention about anime which I don't know why is so famous...
Simplifying the division of the anime's fans in Poland there are three main groups. The first one consist fans of anime like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball or Pokemon, in other words, anime that someone watched in childhood and usually due to sentiment has a good opinion about it. Another group includes fans of one or a few chosen anime's genres, usually consisting very popular titles or anime's type such as: school life, romance, slice of life, shoujo. The last one is my least favorite group of anime fans who watched actually two anime's titles: Naruto and Bleach. Sometimes they also watched more well-know titles like Death Note or FMA, but I believe that somebody who watched just Bleach cannot call himself an anime's fan. 

I couldn't even find a good picture ;__;
Bleach is one of my hated anime. I read manga and I watched anime and I still cannot understand why it has gained such fame ? So many movies, games and even gadgets related to it... I fell so sorry when I talk to the newly encountered fan of anime and it turns out that he watched only Bleach. I mean manga and anime have much more to offer! Bleach's storyline is rather ordinary one. It tells the story of teenager Kurosaki Ichigo who accidentally becomes Shinigami- god of death. Thanks to Kuchiki Rukia, he discovers a new world of Soul Society, where live other Shinigami. Storyline  itself is not bad and the couple of first episodes may seem interesting, but the main problem is connected to the development of the plot. Bleach's storyline never develops. It just comes in circle. Every time Kurosaki- the main protagonist, wins over every enemy no matter how strong and clever his opponent is. While Ichigo is a newbie, magically he is able to handle the enemies to whom lose the most powerful Shinigami with a few hundred years experience. Strange isn't it? Ichigo is neither strong nor cunning, not improves himself through training and before any serious fight someone shows up and wants to help him win. 



Bleach has a lot of left out characters who get a little time in the anime and usually only to be rescued by Kurosaki. More attention is paid to the closest Ichigo's friends- Orichime, Sado and Empitsu-kun- God I don't even remember their names! They are transparent, no interesting personality, nor intriguing past- just nothing. But characters like the one below who won the hearts of many fans vanished into thin air. It is like the authors themselves did not want their anime to be successful one. 

 


I could write a lot more against this anime but it is painful even to think how much money was wasted to create it. So this is how I feel :



2 comments:

  1. I love it when students get so passionate about something! On the other hand, you seem to have a slightly disturbing level of aggression here, so be careful! Some people may take their interest some steps further later on, so give them a chance! :) BTW, did you go to Pyrkon, or are manga/anime outside the fantasy fandom perhaps? (Sorry if I've made a fool of myself here, I'm just curious to know.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deeply sorry for my irritated tone, although I find it difficult to remain indifferent in this case, so unintentional it can be noticed in my post :) . About Pyrkon- I had never participated in such a cosplay- party and I was very excited to try it, but unfortunately illness made it impossible for me. Unluckily I wasn't able to leave my house :(. I assume that at Pyrkon are participating also fans of manga and anime, but it is only my guess :).

    ReplyDelete